users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Please Review and provide feedback for V3 Installer func. spec.

From: Ludovic Champenois <Ludovic.Champenois_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 12:13:47 -0800

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Here is the document.
>
> http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/attach/V3FunctionalSpecs/V3FinalInstallerOnePager.txt
>
> Feedback can be provided as reply to this forum or through direct email to spec. authors.
>
> Thanks
> [Message sent by forum member 'scatari' (scatari)]

1/ " 1). This project has dependency on OpenInstaller framework and
hence
    would require product support to resolve upcoming issues.
"
This is a big risk...I've see too many openinstaller bugs and really
basic issues we cannot cover...

2/ why there is not a Mac DMG installer? With real mac app (and possibly
Mac system tray to stop/start/admin the server? Mac OS is gaining
developer traction..a lot.
Mac apps are not complex to create.

3/ XP/Gnome system tray support for start/stop/admin?

4/ what is the 'extra' size due to the installer tech we are using?

5/ localization of desktop menus supported? (i.e French XP...)

Ludo