users@glassfish.java.net

Login module - should I code one ?

From: Felipe Gaúcho <fgaucho_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 19:45:53 +0100

I am using JDBC realm, and I would say it rocks in Glassfish.. extreme
simple to configure, etc...

but, there is no way (AFAIK) to map roles X users .. so I suppose I
should such GUI by myself.. if it is correct, I already started it
with the following design:

1) it will be a Java EE 5 application (EAR), formed by:
  1.1) an EJB module with @Entities mapping the required tables
(grouptable and usertable)
  1.2) a JSF web GUI with the CRUD about roles X users X passwords, etc..

that's it..

After starting it, I got a déjà vu about that.. suspecting this app
already exists.. but I am not sure if it is bundled together with
Glassfish or if it is available somewhere else..

I appreciate your thoughts about that, and if you think an independent
login module is useful for the others, the login is part of footprint
project.. be my guest to visit the project, make question and help :)

    Felipe Gaúcho
    Footprint owner
    https://footprint.dev.java.net/