users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish cluster failover

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 04:18:20 PST

Hi!

I'm using Glassfish v2u2. I've set up a cluster with one node agent and two instances under that node agent. This part works as it should.
Now for the fail-over part. Is Glassfish able to provide fail-over without a load balancer like Apache httpd? Every document that I've read says that Glassfish has to have a load balancer in front and the load balancer then redirects a client to a working instance.
If I use Apache httpd in front of Glassfish then I again have one point of failure.
[Message sent by forum member 'kovi' (kovi)]