users@glassfish.java.net

Corba ORB exception while creating InitialContext

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 10:34:44 PST

I am adding a standalone ejb client to an existing project and am desperately in need of help. The project has some corba ORB stuff going on somewhere which is used for setting retrieval (this is not a subject I'm very familiar). My client connects (attempts to connect) to a Glassfish V2 instance on a separate machine. I get the below stack trace when I try to create an InitialContext. In order to confirm this isn't a classpath or properties or whatever else issue, I created a dummy program, which runs in the same environment with the same classpath settings as the client. The dummy just contains a main method that creates an InitialContext for my glassfish instance, and the dummy is successful.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

warning: ORB.init: initializer class com.sun.enterprise.iiop.J2EEInitializer not found
warning: ORB.init: initializer class com.sun.enterprise.iiop.FailoverIORInterceptor not found
Jan 7, 2009 12:55:38 PM com.sun.enterprise.util.ORBManager initORB
SEVERE: UTIL6009:Unexcpected Exception in createORB.
org.omg.CORBA.ORBPackage.InvalidName: IDLmg.org/CORBA/ORB/InvalidName:1.0
at com.ooc.OB.InitialServiceManager.resolveInitialReferences(Unknown Source)
at com.ooc.OBCORBA.ORB_impl.resolve_initial_references(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.enterprise.util.ORBManager.initORB(ORBManager.java:548)
at com.sun.enterprise.util.ORBManager.getORB(ORBManager.java:278)
at com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialInitContextFactory.getInitialContext(SerialInitContextFactory.java:178)
at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:667)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:288)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:223)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:197)
[Message sent by forum member 'ab11' (ab11)]