users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish displaying old data

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 09:48:02 PST

Further investigation reveals that there is an "Instance port" specified in setup.xml within the root of the installation directory for glassfish. In setup.xml there is a line:
<property name="instance.port" value="8282"/>

Also, when I go into the Sun Java System Application Server admin console > Applications > Web Applications > And choose "Launch" for my web application it runs on port 8282. SO, I guess instances run on port 8282, but I still don't understand the relationship of instances to domains (my domain is supposed to run on port 8080).

Another thing that is really weird is that I can only login to the admin console using port 4949 (I found <property name="admin.port" value="4949"/> in setup.xml). Even though I can see the login page when I go to http://localhost:4848, I can't login. Not worried about it, but this is something to note for future readers.
[Message sent by forum member 'smacky311' (smacky311)]