users@glassfish.java.net

Same EAR, same context name, different ports?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 02:51:00 PST

Hello. I'm new developing complex EAR files with multiple web and EJB modules.

I need to know if is possible to deploy an EAR with two (or more) web modules in the same context name but in different ports.

I.e:

http://localhost:8080/web-application
http://localhost:8082/web-application

These are different applications but are web modules inside the same EAR.

Now, I'm using two separated Tomcat instances running in different ports and AJP connectors, but I want to move to EJB and share application logic through web applications. Also I want to use Local interfaces only.

GlassFish or JBoss AS are the applications servers that I'm considering to use.

Thanks In Advance!
[Message sent by forum member 'twenty_fran' (twenty_fran)]