users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Unexpected exception while trying to create a JNDI context

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 14:29:29 PST

I continue to be thoroughly plagued by this issue. As far as I can tell, no attempt to connect to the server is made. This makes me suspect some sort of classpath issue concerning the orb. The program does create an orb which is used for some setting retrieval prior to constructing the client class which attempts to instantiate the InitialContext. I have a very weak knowledge of this material, but it seems possible that the orb used for the instantiation of the InitialContext is some sort of singleton and my issue is a result of the program attempting to use the already created orb (which I assume is of a different implementation, which may explain the classNotFound warning despite appserv-rt.jar being on the classpath)???? Is this a possibility? If so, any suggestions? If not, any further ideas about what could cause this problem?

thank you
[Message sent by forum member 'ab11' (ab11)]