users@glassfish.java.net

Re: what happens when glassfish starts in profile mode?

From: Ludovic Champenois <Ludovic.Champenois_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 15:11:15 -0800

Sarah kho wrote:

> Hi
>
> Can someone please let me know what happens when we start the
> glassfish in profile mode,

Some extra jvm params and options have to be added in the domain.xml.
Then when you start the server, it is waiting for a profiler to attach
to the given port number.
Once the profiler is attached, you can profile....using the NetBeans
profiler.

> is there some asadmin command to start the application server in
> profile mode

not that I know

> or it is just netbeans ide that can do this?

Just NetBeans, and you do not need to know these complicated JVM
settings. Just click the "Profile" menu item..Server will be stopped,
instrumented, restsarted and Nb will attach to the profiled VM.
Ludo