users@glassfish.java.net

serving images with glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 18:35:35 PST

Hello,

Currently I am in a situation where I dont want to use mod_jk or mod_ajp and I want to serve images with glassfish. Thus, I wrote a servlet that opens the file and streams it tru the servlet.

It works all fine, but I noticed that normal files i get tru glassfish does have Etag response header. I am also using a servlet filter that calculates and puts an Expires header.

Questions:

1. Is there any way of making glassfish access external files (for example files under /var/pictures)

2. How can I calculate the Etag header. it is something like W\"somenumber-someothernumber"

Best.

-C.B.
[Message sent by forum member 'cambazz' (cambazz)]