users@glassfish.java.net

Embedded GlassFish with maven, glassfish:run, and JSPs and JSTL

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 15:17:12 +0100

Hi,

It looks like latest embedded GlassFish is now working with maven and
glassfish:run. Fantastic!!

But i am running into some issues with JSPs and JSTL.

For the Jersey bookstore example we have developed some unit tests and
i have been experimenting with the latest GlassFish bits. Everything
seems to work fine when the tests are executed by the sure-fire maven
plugin. However, when i run the application using glassfish:run i get
errors when the application attempts to forward a request to a JSP,
such as:

   SEVERE: ApplicationDispatcher[/bookstore] PWC1231:
Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
   org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /com/sun/jersey/samples/
bookstore/resources/Bookstore/index.jsp(4,60) PWC6188:
   The absolute uri: http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core cannot be
resolved in either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this
   application

I have attached the complete pom file and also the output from mvn -X
glassfish:run.

If i can resolve this then i suspect we can move over all the Jersey
samples to use the latest embedded GlassFish bits for unit testing and
execution.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks,
Paul.