users@glassfish.java.net

Exception on Console Login Page

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 20:01:41 PST

I installed Glassfish on Ubuntu 8.10 about a month ago. All was fine with it until today. Suddenly, when I try to log in to the admin console, I see an ugly 500 error page telling me the following:

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: PWC1391: Servlet.init() for servlet FacesServlet threw exception

root cause

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Application was not properly initialized at startup, could not find Factory: javax.faces.context.FacesContextFactory

I can include the entire stacktrace from the server log if anyone wants to see it, but I think the exception here is pretty clear--somehow Faces isn't finding this factory class. I have no clue how to correct this.

The only thing I can think of that has changed recently is that yesterday I installed NetBeans and created and deployed a webservice application through NetBeans. At that point, NetBeans seemed to kind of take over Glassfish. However, everything worked perfectly yesterday.

I have tried starting Glassfish through NetBeans again today and that did not help. I've also started it with asadmin start-domain.

Please help me if you can.

Thanks.

--Rob
[Message sent by forum member 'robmacgrogan' (robmacgrogan)]