users@glassfish.java.net

Problem while Starting Glassfish v2.

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 06:03:06 PST

Hil All,

I've a problem while starting Glassfish v2 on Netbeans 6.5. RC2 (Windows Xp Sp3) . Locale Turkish...

but I could start same Glassfish V2 with Netbeans 6.1.

The error message is

:Admin server channel creation failed.
        java.net.SocketException: Unrecognized Windows Sockets error: 10106: create;|Service com.sun.enterprise.admin.server.core.AdminServiceLifeCycle_at_3e926 cannot be initialized! : com.sun.appserv.server.ServerLifecycleException: java.rmi.server.ExportException: Listen failed on port: 0; nested exception is:
        java.net.SocketException: Unrecognized Windows Sockets error: 10106: create...

I also try to create new domain. I get the same error message.

And I check that there is no port conflict with netstat -an ..

After I googled some and find something that I should set SystemRoot enviroment variable to windows path. And I Did. No change.

Strange thing is while trying to start Glassfish, it says Server started in English
Locale although I set the <jvm-options>-Duser.language=tr-TR</jvm-options>
in domain.xml.

Then I deleted this jvm-options line and restart the server. Same things are happened.

Waiting your helps.

I attached the server.log file also.

Thanks...
[Message sent by forum member 'btasdemir' (btasdemir)]