users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to migrate Glassfish V2 project to V3?

From: Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine <alexis.mp_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 21:44:55 +0100

GlassFish v3 Prelude is indeed out and a supported product but it does
serve as a replacement for the v2 features just yet.

v3 Prelude is mainly a web container for the moment (based on OSGi,
with fast startup, nice developer features, ...).
For that reason there is no "asupgrade" tool in v3 for the moment. You
may want to read this page : https://glassfish.dev.java.net/public/comparing_v2_and_v3.html
  for all the details.

If you want to go ahead an use v3 prelude, it should really require
minimal effort if :
* your application does not use the EJB container, JMS, etc...
* the asadmin commands you use are already implemented in v3 prelude.
Final v3 should be aligned with Java EE 6 later this year.

-Alexis