users@glassfish.java.net

Problem with JDBC Connection Pool table validation

From: Alex Sherwin <alex.sherwin_at_acadiasoft.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 11:22:39 -0500

Hello,

In trying to change the validation method of a JDBC Connection Pool from
the default to table, I ran into an initial road-block where all hell
broke loose with transaction problems.

The connection pool had "return non-transactional connections"
explicitly set to false (which I believe is the default), and this
appears to be the cause of the problem. By turning this to true, such
that it can return non-transactional connections then everything is
perfectly fine.

I've verified that iBATIS, our DAO framework can still obtain proper
transactional connections.

I just wanted to check that this is normal behavior... and if so, why
would non-transactional connections be defaulted to false?