users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish on Windows Server 2008

From: Ryan de Laplante <ryan_at_ijws.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 16:12:28 -0500

Regarding test code to verify this behavior, there might be. It is very
difficult to reproduce (except on our server) and that is why after
almost 2 years Microsoft has not fixed it. Last year someone at Sun
told me that another customer provided a full application that runs on
GlassFish and can help them reproduce this issue. I would think Sun
could take that same app and try it on Windows 2008 server to check if
the problem is still there.

We still have absolutely no idea what triggers the problem on our
server. It seems to be fine for days and days, thousands of
transactions. Out of the blue Windows just crashes (blank grey screen
at console, can't connect to it remotely, but you can ping it). A
couple of times I was in just before that happened and saw NP Pool in
task manager climbing continually, above 10000K. I still think it is
somehow related to communication with SQL server over the network,
because a different JDBC driver used to record "TDS prelogin response
error" before opening the NP Pool flood gates.

Ryan