users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Message beans and connection limit

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 08:10:09 PST

> What You have to check (both in MDB's and JMS client
> code (the one which produces messages)) is whether
> Connection, MessageProducer, Session and other JMS
> objects are properly closed.

Excuse my ignorance and i've probably missed something simple.

The sender is on another server and doesn't touch the db, so am i right in thinking i can ignore it? I've also just checked and i do close all used objects in PreDestroy as you mentioned

The receiver is setup to get files from this server (using an addressList property) and contains just an MDB (along with some entity beans).

The MDB class is annotated with [i]@MessageDriven[/i], implements [i]MessageListener[/i] and only contains one method [i]onMessage[/i].
My confusion stems from this, where would i clean up any resources used. Isn't this done for me?

Any ideas?
[Message sent by forum member 'jsl123' (jsl123)]