users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Object Serialization Performance

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 01:57:14 PST

Hi,

I have a performance problem with the serialization of my EJB Entity.

Technical information :
- Swing client (java 5)
- Glassfish server (9.1_02 (build b04-fcs))

I call a stateless EJB from the client to get an object list.
This list is composed of 300 instances of "Equipment" (My Entity Bean).

This list uses about 40 KB of memory on the server.
I use wireshark to measure serialized data size on the network. I realize that it takes 3.6 MB!

In this thread you tell that there was a problem of classpath repetition in an older version of glassfish but it's not my case. You can see a piece of the WireShark dump in the attached file.

Do you have an idea ?
[Message sent by forum member 'nlsbo' (nlsbo)]