users@glassfish.java.net

Trying to understand basic concept

From: Martin, Ray <armart3_at_tycho.ncsc.mil>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 12:27:21 -0500

I attached a simple diagram of my current understanding. Sorry about
the PowerPoint.

The diagram says that if one has five multi-CPU computers - one for
database and four for processing.
There are multiple instances of Glassfish/ESB loaded to the four
processing computers and from one to multiple composite apps loaded into
each instance of Glassfish.

Then in the right hand column the following statements are made:

A) computer nodes are managed via Shoal/GMS
B) Glassfish instances are loaded via Shoal/GMS
C) composite apps are loaded to Glassfish instances using Felix through
DAS

Question 1) Are statements A, B, C correct?

Question 2) When OSGi enters the picture, are there other communication
types available in addition to ESB? Preferable to ESB? In place of ESB?
Or is the 'additional' correct?

Thanx.