users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Integrating with Mantaray JMS

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 03:44:10 PST

i could deduce the following based on your response, correct me if iam wrong

You don't need inbound messaging support (MDB receiving messages from manta ray topics), all you need is a connection factory that is configured to connect to mantaray and an admin object that maps to your static topic.
Since you would know the actual topic name only during runtime (dynamic) you will not be able to create administered objects upfront.
Do you need XA transactions support ? Might be difficult for the dynamic topics.

I assume you are interested in using the resource adapter (Generic JMS RA) so that you get connection pooling... and other services that an RA provides, which you would not get if you take up the rudimentary approach of writing JMS provider specific code in your application and adding the required classes in the classpath.

Please take a look at this thread, you might be able to achieve what you want with OpenMQ
http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5338158
[Message sent by forum member 'rampsarathy' (rampsarathy)]