users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Request for feedback on GlassFish V3 admin CLI changes

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 16:03:39 PST

Thanks for the feedback.

A web service could be built I'm sure, but it's a different area/target.

One idea being floated is a TCL (JACL) shell, which would make it scriptable and multiple lines would work too.

The JNI stuff is definitely a major plus for up-arrow, etc, but at this point that's a detail once things are working in general.

The [] stuff and @ stuff is a lot simpler than XPath! There are only so many things one can do. I'm also exploring other alternative ways of address things by type/name/scope, which could cut down the paths stuff.

—Lloyd
[Message sent by forum member 'llc' (llc)]