users@glassfish.java.net

Re: HTTP pipelining log levels

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 10:32:55 -0500

Salut,

catching up

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Continuing on my effort to spare every byte I can for mobile devices, I have implemented most of http 1.1 using only SocketConnection.
>
> I can now re-use the socket for multiple requests and responses from the mobile device. However, when communicating with glassfish, I can only reliably send a request after reading the response of the previous request. Sending a series of requests before reading a response usually leads me to a long blocking read from the mobile device only to be disconnected by the server.

yes. That's because the first request get parsed and try to read the
body, but instead get the next request headers.

This, usually, is after having read 2 or 3 responses from the 10
requests sent.

> My question is how do I get better visibility on this problem?

We aren't supporting, on the Grizzly side, http pipelining. We support
http pipelining only if you enable Comet (asynchronous request processing).

Have you tested your client on different WebServer to see if it works.
Would you be able to share as simple test case?

Thanks

-- Jeanfrancois

Setting the log level of the web container to fine doesn't print
anything of value on why this connection is being dropped or why the