users@glassfish.java.net

HTTP pipelining log levels

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 15:19:19 PST

Continuing on my effort to spare every byte I can for mobile devices, I have implemented most of http 1.1 using only SocketConnection.

I can now re-use the socket for multiple requests and responses from the mobile device. However, when communicating with glassfish, I can only reliably send a request after reading the response of the previous request. Sending a series of requests before reading a response usually leads me to a long blocking read from the mobile device only to be disconnected by the server. This, usually, is after having read 2 or 3 responses from the 10 requests sent.

My question is how do I get better visibility on this problem? Setting the log level of the web container to fine doesn't print anything of value on why this connection is being dropped or why the responses get cut off after 2 or 3 responses.

I can also confirm that running glassfish locally allows me to read all 10 responses.
[Message sent by forum member 'pjulien' (pjulien)]