users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Configuring custom realm

From: Rod Fitzsimmons Frey <rfrey_at_attassa.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 06:37:56 -0700

Thanks, Nithya. I get the same error in the logs:

INFO: java_security.audit_auth_refused
WARNING: Web login failed: Login failed:
javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Invalid null input: name

I may be configuring the groups incorrectly. I specified

    <role-name>User</role-name>
     <group-name>Anyone</group-name>
   </security-role-mapping>

And I made sure that getGroupNames in my realm class included "Anyone" in
the enumeration.

GetGroupNames() and getGroupNames(username) are never called though.

I don't know how to configure the groups or principals in Glassfish though.
In the Admin app, other realms have a Group field when I select them: mine
does not and I do not know what the property is called ("group"? "groups"?)
and I do not know where that information is being stored - can't find
anything in domain.xml or in login.conf.

Thanks again for the help.

Rod