users@glassfish.java.net

Accessing shared folders, files from glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 13:45:43 PST

Hello,

When I start glassfish from the command prompt; I am able to access shared location, but when I install it as a service then java.io.File says cannot find the file specified.
I used the procedure mentioned here
http://www.ryandelaplante.com/rdelaplante/entry/creating_a_windows_service_for
installation. I even gave the username and password for the server. It even created password.txt file as well.
Everything else works fine; except that now I am not able to access shared location,
but local files I am able to access.
These shared locations do not have any username or password; these are just folders on different machines on LAN.

Can anyone please tell me what is missing in service installation

Thanks in Advance
[Message sent by forum member 'david_0836' (david_0836)]