users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Remote deployment of Rails app

From: Bill Kocik <bkocik_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 13:11:57 -0500

On 17 Nov, 2008, at 1:03 PM, Vivek Pandey wrote:

> Although I am not sure why would you need mongrel cluster with
> GlassFish v3.

I wouldn't. I think the statement that might have made you think I was
suggesting that is this one:

"I'm thinking the simplest solution is probably to use Capistrano for
this, calling "asadmin" on the remote side to deploy the app at the
end instead of restarting mongrel clusters"

What I meant by that was calling asadmin instead of restarting mongrel
clusters like you would do with a traditional Rails deployment to
Mongrel. In other words, deploying my Rails app to GlassFish v3 just
like Rails deployments are typically done, but at the point where
you'd typically restart your Mongrel clusters I'll run asadmin in its
place. :)

--
Bill Kocik