users@glassfish.java.net

Re: session replication checklist ? or monitoring tips?

From: Shreedhar Ganapathy <Shreedhar.Ganapathy_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 11:28:43 -0800

Hi Dick.
We have improved logging to account for replicated sessions in v2.1
Can you look into that and see if that will help?

The monitoring support in GF may come in handy in terms of sessions
created in each instance, but I suppose what you are looking for is an
accounting of sessions created and sessions replicated. At the moment,
you will have to rely on the logging for session replication to get that
information. We will work on providing this as part of monitoring soon.

On the basic multicast test, if you check out Shoal 1.1 sources, there
are a couple of ant targets you can run that will test basic multicast
support without Shoal or GlassFish involved
ant test-mcastsender Run MulticastSender on one terminal on one machine
ant test-mcastsniffer Run MulticastSniffer on one terminal on another
machine.

You should see 9 messages on the sniffer to confirm multicast works
properly.

Thanks
Shreedhar