users@glassfish.java.net

Re: session replication checklist ? or monitoring tips?

From: Dick Davies <rasputnik_at_hellooperator.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 13:05:35 +0000

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 7:28 PM, Shreedhar Ganapathy
<Shreedhar.Ganapathy_at_sun.com> wrote:

> The monitoring support in GF may come in handy in terms of sessions created
> in each instance, but I suppose what you are looking for is an accounting of
> sessions created and sessions replicated. At the moment, you will have to
> rely on the logging for session replication to get that information. We will
> work on providing this as part of monitoring soon.

That's good to know; thanks.

> ant test-mcastsender Run MulticastSender on one terminal on one machine
> ant test-mcastsniffer Run MulticastSniffer on one terminal on another machine.

> You should see 9 messages on the sniffer to confirm multicast works
> properly.

That's fab - if I run the ant tasks, I see the messages arrive on the
other side,
but if I set it to the multicast IP that our cluster is using (on a
different port) then nothing
arrives.

I'm going to print off the output, roll it up and smack some people
about the head with it :)

Thanks very much indeed, Shreedhar!