users@glassfish.java.net

How to get Notification from Standard MBean GlobalRequestProcessor

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 05:02:42 PST

Our requirement is to get notification from MBean if the response time time for the current request exceeds the specified time say 2 sec.
What i have explored is that the Glassfish already has the self management framework , but it uses a polling technique to check values .Instead we want the Standard MBean GlobalRequestProcessor itself to call a MonitoringCustomMBean where we can obtain the url currently processed and other info and print this out in the server log itself to be checked later on.

I have seen this is possible for a custom MBean to broadcast notification ... but we want the GlobalRequestProcessor to provide the notification

Pls do help If some other efficent schemes can be used for this requirement.
We just want to collect valuable info as soon as a problem occurs(response time exceeds) and print into the logs and not use continuous polling

Prashant
[Message sent by forum member 'pras123' (pras123)]