users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How can web sessions leak?

From: Ryan de Laplante <ryan_at_ijws.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 16:23:31 -0500

> Ryan, we're down to 9.1 UR2 patch 4 (see
> http://blogs.sun.com/GlassFishForBusiness/entry/sjs_as_9_1_u23).
> Maybe some of these issues are fixed already (sorry I haven't checked).
> -Alexis

Thank you. I am aware of these patch releases and reviewed the list of
changes again today and didn't see anything that resembled the problem I
am having. Upgrading is not a simple task for us because it involves a
complete re-install and sometimes up to 4 hours of configuration. We've
tried the upgrade feature in the setup and found that it corrupted our
domain.xml and the server wouldn't start.

>> I could create a patch based on SJSAS 9.1 UR2 and have you try to
>> reproduce the issue.
>>
>> Let me know if that would work for you.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jan

Thanks, I'll let you know if we require that. I imagine the proper way
to go about this would be to open a support incident so that it can be
tracked.

I managed to get the NetBeans Profiler working and took snapshots before
the transaction, after the transaction, then after 10 minutes when the
session is configured to expire. I don't really understand what I'm
looking at because it looks like the session objects might still be
there. Is there a better way to diagnose this? System.out.println? :)

Thanks,
Ryan