users@glassfish.java.net

Using create-jvm-options to for an option with no =value?

From: Alex Sherwin <alex.sherwin_at_acadiasoft.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 11:13:36 -0500

Hello,

I've read the help for create-jvm-options, but it does not explain how to
use this option to set a JVM option that does not follow a prop=value
pattern (i.e. "-Xmx1024m").

A workaround is to use the set command to set the entire JVM Options string,
but this gets pretty ugly and difficult to maintain.

Things that don't work (I've omitted escape characters for clarity):

asadmin create-jvm-options -Xmx768m (invalid syntax for asadmin CLI)
asadmin create-jvm-options -Xmx768m= (Creates an option "-Xmx768m=" with an
equals on it)
asadmin create-jvm-options -Xmx=-Xmx768m (Creates an option "-Xmx=-Xmx768m")

Is it possible to do it with this command?

Alex Sherwin
alex.sherwin_at_acadiasoft.com