users@glassfish.java.net

Secure JNDI in unsecure network?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 08:04:01 PST

Hi,

is there a way to use jndi through an unsecure network and to protect the contained objects? I want to make (ssl encrypted) rmi calls throught an unsecure network and thereby have to get the rmi reference using jndi. But there's also contained the connection pool resource which I of course would like to protect somehow.

Does anybody know a solution for this? Is it maybe possible to set a allowed role for the connection pool?

I spent various days searching the net now and found absolutely nothing.
[Message sent by forum member 'mastag' (mastag)]