users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Secure JNDI in unsecure network?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 15:01:38 PST

I'm not aware of what rbac capabilities there are within the JEE spec if any, but I would imagine you could look through the JSSE docs. I don't think there's anything in JSSE that would allow role based restriction but if thats what you really needed it sounds like you would want to implement an application side security framework (probably something like spring security project).

I'm having a hard time conceptualizing what you're asking. I'd imagine the jndi call itself to locate the rmi resource will be local and isn't needing to be socket layer secured, but the rmi call itself would need to be. So you'd probably want to create a custom socket factory?

HTH,
Andrew
[Message sent by forum member 'areplogle' (areplogle)]