users@glassfish.java.net

Re: installing Glassfish on SUSE

From: Vince Kraemer <Vince.Kraemer_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 11:31:09 -0700

vang08 wrote:
> [snip]
>

> van08 wrote:
>
>> Has anyone out there actually installed Glassfish on SUSE? I am looking
>> for an answer from Those people--those with actual life experience
>> installing it on SUSE, not just people with an opinion.
>>
>> When you run Sun's Glassfish installer ( from the Sun website)

What is the url that you used to download the installer? There are a
number of different installation process that you may use to get GF
running on a machine that has a Sun JDK, if we know exactly what you
are trying, we may be able to provide better feedback on other options...

>> to install
>> Glassfish on SUSE (a brand of Linux), the installer starts installing,
>> gets about 90% done, according to the progresss bar, then throws a Virtual
>> Machine exception and halts.

What is the exception (and the stack trace if available)?

>> The installer reports install failure at that
>> point. The Java Virt ual Machine exception mentions a specific line of
>> code which is bad.

Which line of code is it?