users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JDBC Connection Validation

From: Jagadish Prasath Ramu <Jagadish.Ramu_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 20:16:48 +0530

Hi Markus,

Table based validation will do a
select count(*) from table. Yes, its the jdbc-driver that is not doing
fetch from database.
* What database and driver do you use ?
There are two other modes, auto-commit and meta-data. Now a days, these
are cached by several jdbc drivers and the reliable mode is 'table'.
http://blogs.sun.com/JagadishPrasath/entry/connection_validation_in_glassfish_jdbc

* Probably, you can try these other modes and see whether the issue is
resolved.

Thanks,
-Jagadish