users@glassfish.java.net

Re: "shared" Entity beans in different applications?

From: Kristian Rink <lists_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 07:58:27 +0100

Hi Marina;

and first off, thanks a bunch for your feedback on that. :)

Marina Vatkina schrieb:
> Do you deploy each module separately or package them together into an
> ear file?

Best thing actually would be (in my opinion) to be capable of deploying each
module separately as this comes closest to the idea of "loose coupled"
architecture I have in mind. :)

> While it's not as nice, it can be better if you make your -entities.jar
> duplicated in each archive that you deploy (if you deploy and -ejb.jar
> as a separate module, you'd need to unpack -entities.jar so that
> -ejb.jar contains entity classes directly).

So maybe this is the problem... Right now I am using NetBeans IDE to do the
development, having -entities and -ejb two different EJB modules, and it
seems -ejb, depending upon -entities, indeed does include -entities.jar
rather than "just" the classes in -entities. Gonna look for a way around this...

Thanks a bunch, anyway, for your comments on that. :)
Cheers,
Kristian