users@glassfish.java.net

appservService.exe and Event ID ( 0 ) on Windows XP

From: John Stalker <jrs.developer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 12:09:55 -0400

Hi there,
  I know there are a few posts regarding not being able to get the windows
service running and Event ID ( 0 ) showing up in the event viewer; however,
my service starts and stops just fine, but I'm consistently getting Event ID
( 0 ) messages in my event viewer.
  The specifics of the message is the following for service start up events:

Event Type: Information
Event Source: appservService
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0