users@glassfish.java.net

GZIP compression not working for non-default mime types?!

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 13:06:29 PDT

First, I am using SJSAS 9.1_02.

I have enabled GZIP compression. But the compression is only applied to the default mime types (text/html, text/xml, text/plain).

If I add mime types like "text/css" or "image/jpeg" to the property "compressableMimeType" they are not gzipped. At least I do not see a line in the HTTP header saying: "Content-Encoding: gzip"

I´ve set the property "compression" to "on" and later to "force". Doesn´t matter.

What is/could be wrong here?
[Message sent by forum member 'zebhed' (zebhed)]