users@glassfish.java.net

MDB clientId in MQ cluster

From: JMcL <jmclsubs_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 08:36:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm new to Glassfish, and relatively new Jee 5, so please be gentle if the
following has a really obvious solution that I've missed.

I have a problem which something tells me must be common, but despite much
searching, I'm none the wiser. We're putting together an application for a
client that requires data transfer between 2 remote sites. I want to use
asynchronous messages for the exchange, as the internet connectivity between
the two sites is not reliable, hence ruling out synchronous exchange
(Spring, session beans etc).

The topology is as follows. Each site runs a non-clustered Glassfish
instance, with the application deployed. These use remote JMS service, which
are running on clustered MQ. I'm using a topic with durable subscriptions to
allow for messages to be delivered to the other side when it comes back
online. The messages are delivered to all subscribers, which in this case
for a given topic will be a MDB in each deployed app. I've gotten it to work
exactly as I want, but the only way I can do it is to change the clientId in
the class annotation, recompile, and redeploy to avoid errors about
duplicate clientIds.

Is there any way to have a GF instance prepend some instance identifier to
the clientId to avoid this, or if not what is the recommended solution?

Thanks,

John