users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish will not start - ServerLifecycleException

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 06:42:07 PDT

Ya know, sometimes you just can't help hating computers.

Came into the office this morning, started my computer, and tried to start Glassfish from the Start menu. I figured I'd get the same exception as yesterday, then I'd reboot to the 'latest known good configuration' and see if that made a difference. It seemed to take a long while (I was sure it was going to time out and throw the same exception), but it started!

Once again, I have not made any changes to my machine. I haven't yet gotten the results of the system scan that was performed yesterday, nor the file on the scan from 10/8, so I have no idea if anything had changed (or even if the scan would reveal whatever change might have been causing the problem). And of course I have no idea what, if anything, might have gotten changed last night, that would have repaired it. I suppose it was just lingering effects of the full moon, or the alignment of the planets.

Thanks,
Dave
[Message sent by forum member 'dderry' (dderry)]