users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Java System Active Server Pages 4.0.3 "Deadlock"

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:15:44 PDT

Here is a bit more info about the specs on the Sun box(es) which receive this deadlock:

# uname -a
SunOS XXXX 5.8 Generic_117350-41 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-i2

Apache is built with (ancient) gcc 2.95. As I said it is version 1.3.37 for reasons having to do with another module. However we had and have no problems with this with anything else, including casp 4.0.0.

I tried the mod_casp2.so file from the installed directory (/opt/casp/.../sunos5_sparc_optimized/mod_casp2.so), as well as a version I built myself using apxs and the included source AND I even tried using the old mod_casp2.so from version 4.0.0 with the 4.0.3 daemons. All of them resulted in the same deadlock behavior - and it is not 3 or 4 minutes, it is the setting of "deadlocktimeout" in casp.cnfg, which was set to 300 seconds, or 5 minutes.

Just for fun I've also attached the output of showrev -p. Maybe someone has some time on their hands.

thanks,
--
john
[Message sent by forum member 'cachehit' (cachehit)]