users@glassfish.java.net

Java System Active Server Pages 4.0.3 "Deadlock"

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 14:29:45 PDT

Hello,

I've recently upgraded a couple of production servers that host a few sites which use the Java System Active Server Pages installed into /opt/casp. Previously we ran version 4.0.0 on Solaris 8 SPARC (Sunfire V100) machines with no problems whatsoever. I installed the updated 4.0.3 version for security concerns and anything more complicated than a simple test.asp page with eg <% Response.Write("Hello World!") %> as its only content fails. The client web browser sits waiting and waiting while the 4.0.3 server logs messages that everything is going ok - in the beginning. Then after about 3 or 4 minutes it dies in a dead lock. This has happened to me on two machines, both with Apache 1.3.37 (one with php 4.4.9, one 4.4.7, although that should be irrelevant). The log entries look like this:

Fri Oct 3 15:51:11 2008 CASPD: daemon started, version 4.0.3.41 (port 3000)
Fri Oct 3 15:51:11 2008 CASPD: multi-threaded configuration, 5 thread(s)
Fri Oct 3 15:51:11 2008 CASPD: child engine started, port 3001
Fri Oct 3 15:51:18 2008 CASPLIB: chilibean initialization was successfull.
Fri Oct 3 15:51:21 2008 CASPLIB: vhost created - XXXX.com [/XXX.com/htdocs].
Fri Oct 3 15:51:21 2008 CASPLIB: asp application / created (or reset).
Fri Oct 3 16:02:02 2008 CASPLIB: ASP Engine has apparently deadlocked. The ASP service will be restarted.

Has anyone seen similar behaviour? We are patched up to the latest 8_Recommended that sunsolve would let me download without paying for a support contract.

I hope this is even the correct forum. I was directed here from forums.sun.com, the
Developer Forums page, section "Application Servers - Sun Java System Application Server - System Administration". If someone has a better place for me to post my woes please let me know. If someone has a clue as to my deadlock problem thats even better. I've tried it with the casp.cnfg file using syncodbccalls=1 and syncodbccalls=0. We are not using a MySQL or Oracle or anything like that for a back-end for odbc, just the sqlnk stuff that came with the software.

Thanks for any help.

--
John
[Message sent by forum member 'cachehit' (cachehit)]