users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish will not start - ServerLifecycleException

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 11:18:46 PDT

All three installs have an admsn (but no admch) in their conf directory.

No I don't generally use asadmin. I either use Start->Programs->Sun Microsystems->Application Server 9.1->Start Default Server, or control it from within Eclipse. Yesterday I started from within Eclipse, but I may have shut it down from the Start menu.

Since I have three different installs that all worked, and which are now all giving me the same exception, I'm convinced that it is due to some change in my environment, and is not the appserver. Although I haven't changed anything (certainly not since yesterday), corporate *does* push out "stealth" updates. I'm ready to do a restart to the "last known good configuration", but have been request to hold off while they perform a scan of my system. Hopefully comparing that scan with the last system scan will reveal something. But if I don't get an answer soon it will be restart time!

I'll let you know whatever I find out.

Thanks,
Dave
[Message sent by forum member 'dderry' (dderry)]