users@glassfish.java.net

(win2003 bug) was Re: GF crash

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:35:21 -0400

Salut,

win2003 has a bug where every request made to a non-blocking java-based
server leaks nbpool (open task manager and I'm sure the the nbpool value
is topping the chart). To workaround the issue, update to another OS
(probably impossible) or just configure, in domain.xml, all your
http-listener blocking-enabled=true attribute. That way you will disable
non blocking I/O usage, and no win32 leaks will happens.

We have reported the issue to M$ awhile ago, still no patches from them.
Note that you can reproduce the issue with Tomcat as well, so ithas
nothing to do with Grizzly ;-)

I think you have the information inside the Release notes of GF...

A+

-- Jeanfrancois