users@glassfish.java.net

Re: OpenID for Web Apps?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 20:19:33 PDT

Hello Ralph,

Even I hit the same problem and while debugging found that 'parseOpenIDPage' is the method at which we get the SAXParser exception. I talked to Kumar, who is helping me on this, and he came up with a solution of testing this code locally by storing the returned page.

Just to test if this coded, we used the return html page from the OpenID provider and used it locally instead of hitting OpenID provider's server. Kumar tested this by changing the DTD declaration in line no 1 of this page to <http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd> and tried again. It went one step ahead but it hits some other exception later.

Later he suggested that instead of working with XML parser, we should replace it with HTML Parser as it seems that the written Stream is in HTML format instead of XML format for most of the OpenID providers. I and Kumar are working on this and will get back to you as soon as possible.

- Raghuveer.
[Message sent by forum member 'raghuveerp' (raghuveerp)]