users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem EJB Timer Service: A lock could not be obtained within the time

From: Mitesh Meswani <Mitesh.Meswani_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 12:55:34 -0700

Some more follow up on this. I was told that derby locks table during
execution of select. The offending query reported by you will be
executed when getTimer() is called. This query will result in a table
scan since the current schema for timer does not define any indexes on
CONTAINERID. If this query is called frequently in parallel, it might
explain the behavior. I was told that setting property
"derby.locks.monitor=true" will print out diagnostic information in
derby.log to confirm this. If this is confirmed, you can try modifying
schema for the timer database (it resides in
${com.sun.aas.instanceRoot}/lib/databases/ejbtimer ) to define index on
required field.

Thanks,
Mitesh