users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JCR recommendations?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 07:39:17 PDT

Hi,

I'm using Alfresco which is open source but more of a "product" than Jackrabbit. It supports JCR and has a GUI. I think it's good but there are a few "gotchas" with using the JCR interface along with the GUI - you tend to have to use the Alfresco types rather than the standard ones if you want your data to be visible within the GUI.

I've not tried Jackrabbit - I'd like the time to look at it as you could probably do a nice GUI for that with JSP/JSF.

Cheers,

Ian.
[Message sent by forum member 'ifairman' (ifairman)]