users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Stupid question about connection pools

From: Dick Davies <rasputnik_at_hellooperator.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 16:10:27 +0100

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 2:33 PM, <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org> wrote:
> It would be nice to have a way to restrict the number of connections a database have to handle for a domain.

With the current setup the number of potential connections is
multiplied with the number of instances in the domain... Right?

Yes, max_total_connections = max_poolsize * number_of_instances.

> Maybe an additional "max connections for domain" setting could be a good idea.

I think you could just account for the above 'formula' when you size your pools.

--
Rasputnik :: Jack of All Trades - Master of Nuns
http://number9.hellooperator.net/