users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Dumb Beginner Question

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 13:57:58 PDT

> You can add JVM options in the domain.xml file
> (glassfish/domains/{name
> of domain}/config), in the jvm options section. For
> you, it looks like
> you could try adding something along the lines of
>
> <jvm-options>-jar /tmp/company.jar
> hostname=192.168.1.123 adminport=7100
> username=[myusername]
> password=[mypassword]</jvm-options>

I have tried that, and I get an error complaining about the form of the args (that they need to start with -D)

and :

"Unrecognized option: -jar /tmp/company.jar"

> However, it looks like you are actually executing
> company.jar and using
> that to load examples.hellowworld.HelloWorldMain,
> which I'm not sure you
> will be able to do with GlassFish. If you could, it
> would be by figuring
> out where the main class in
> glassfish/modules/glassfish.jar was and
> running that.

I think that is what I need to do (can you tell that I am not a java guy yet ;)

I will look into loading it via another route, unless anyone else has other suggestions (?)
[Message sent by forum member 'jrsmobile' (jrsmobile)]