users@glassfish.java.net

Dumb Beginner Question

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 12:02:47 PDT

Hi all-

I am trying to whip-up a small POC for my company using glassfish. Please forgive any errors in terminology, as I have only been at this a day.

Our company has a jar (call it "company.jar") file that wraps some functionality, and I can use it when creating standalone apps, but when I try to incorporate it into the web application I can't get it to work. This jar file contains some abstract classes and some utility functions, and offers persistence (the control of the persistence is configured elsewhere).

when getting it to work with the stand-alone java app, I can start it like so:
(actually, this is started from ant):

[code]
java -server -jar /tmp/company.jar \
        hostname=192.168.1.123 \
        adminport=7100 \
        username=[myusername] \
        password=[mypassword] \
        -classpath /examples/helloworld/build/classes:/company.jar \
        examples.helloworld.HelloWorldMain
[/code]

Where the username/password are mine.

How does this translate into the config files for glassfish?

Glassfish seems to have so many config options that I am missing the basics.

(Note that the host/port/login info is needed by the company.jar to communicate with a back end server)

Many Thanks!
[Message sent by forum member 'jrsmobile' (jrsmobile)]