users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfis V3 Prelude Update tool keeps producing errors!

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 06:27:09 PDT

All:

I had installed the GF V3 Prelude server a couple of days ago on my Vista machine. Yesterday I powered down the machine and this morning I powered it back up. When finally gettinig to the desktop the GF V3 Prelude Update tool ran and displayed a window showing 20 items requiring updating. So I clicked through and told it to update whatever it wanted to.

In doing so I kept getting red stop sign messages telling me that jar files inside of my glassfishv3-prelude directory were in use, but they could not have been because the machine just arrived at the windows Vista desktop. I hadn't even opened Eclipse, or any other software by this time. So I thought I would try to outsmart this device by moving those Identified jar files to the desktop folder. Within each iteration of "update" I kept getting the same red stop sign error message telling me some other file in my glassfishv3-prelude directory was in use.
So I gave up and moved those jar files back to were they belong in the glassfishv3-prelude directory.

Has anybody experienced this issue? Is there any work around?
Thanks much for your assistance.
Gary
[Message sent by forum member 'gmarshall56' (gmarshall56)]